One of the bestsellers of Keihl’s Brand, Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I bought it a year back and waited to see the effectiveness of this on my skin ( Combination – Dry). This is one of those skincare products all the beauty gurus across world rave about. So I decided to give a try as I always wanted to try face oils. when I started using face oils, my morning routine included Farsali’s Gold Elixir and during night skincare routine I apply Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate.
Before heading for my experience with this, let’s understand this brand. Kielh’s is an American brand created in 1851 by John Kielh. In the year 2000, it became a part of the L’Oréal group and improved its global recognition. Currently, we’ll get to see this brand in every corner of the world. Today, this brand is known worldwide not only because of it’s Marketing but also, it’s effective product lines.
This is one of the brands, which formulate its products with the right balance of Technology and Nature.
What is it: As per Brand
A replenishing nighttime facial oil with distilled botanicals that visibly restores the appearance of skin by morning.
- Regenerates, repairs, and replenishes skin for smoother, healthier skin
- Works with the skin’s natural nocturnal activity – when skin is most receptive to repairing itself from daily aggressors – to dramatically restore skin
- 99.8% naturally-derived and paraben-free oil for face
- A customer favorite
How to Apply:
Apply 2-3 drops of treatment on cleansed skin
Gently press fingertips to cheeks, forehead, and chin to evenly distribute the application before gently massaging it into the skin
Can wear alone or under moisturizer
- Evening Primrose Oil is effective in skin barrier repair and boosting radiance.
- Lavender Essential Oil helps soothe inflamed or irritated skin while helping reduce skin blotchiness for a more even look. Creates a brighter and more radiant look to the skin.
- A signature Kiehl’s ingredient, Squalane is a botanical lipid that is similar in molecular structure to natural skin lipids. It has an exceptional affinity for the skin, and because it’s easily absorbed, Squalane helps restore skin’s natural moisture balance to keep it extra soft and supple.
The full list of ingredients:
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Squalane, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Linalool, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Limonene, Citral, Sclareolide, Rose Flower Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil.
As I can see, this has most of the natural ingredients with no mineral oils, no silicone, no synthetic perfume, no parabens.
- One of my favorite ingredient in it is SQUALANE and this is a signature ingredient of Keilh as well. I did a detailed research on Squalane in my Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II review. Squalene is the preferable ingredient in Anti-aging products. It is——
- Natural moisturizer
- Helps to restore a proper balance of the skin’s oil.
- Has antibacterial properties
- Hydrates & Softens
- It may help lessens the appearance of the fine lines & free radicals, which destroys skin cells & damages the skin’s natural collagen.
- Promotes new skin cell growth
- Positive effect on uneven skin pigmentation & age spots
- A combination of lots of vegetable oils such as Rosa Canina Fruit oil, evening primrose oil, jojoba seed oil, coriander, lavender, geranium, rosemary Leaf, Rose flower oil and sunflower seed oil.
- Some extracts like cucumber extract, Turmeric Root Extract, and Jasmine extract.
- A very fine oil that is quickly absorbed into the skin without leaving it greasy or shiny.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Dark Blue glass bottle with a pipette makes it hygienic and looks very clinical.
- A strong lavender scent, which is very relaxing.
To be honest, when I saw it I was under impression that this is just a facial oil which will keep my facial skin moisturized. But while buying it, they told me it’s a TREATMENT (An Anti-aging Treatment). It’s NO SERUM, it’s a CONCENTRATE. To be more precise, it’s an Anti-aging skin care product.
As Keihl said it Regenerates, repairs, and replenishes skin for smoother, healthier skin; anything which has cell regeneration properties has to be applied at night. Same as Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II ( Read Full Review here).
My experience with Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate:
- I put 3 drops, two over cheeks and one over forehead directly from a pipette. This is enough for entire face and neck and that’s why a little goes a Long way.
- There was no initial irritation, that’s the benefit of having a paraben-free formula.
- Within two weeks, skin texture and tone started improving. In morning skin looks radiant.
- I can’t say my fine lines reduced significantly because of this product as I use it with Estee Lauder’s ANR serum.
- During winter, Keihl’s MRC is alone not enough for my extremely dry skin. So I have to use moisturizer after this.
Have you tried Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate??
What is your experience with it??
Leave a comment!
I’m happy to answer your questions if any.
You can contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like my blog, Don’t forget to Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Thanks for Reading!