I started taking care of my skin when I was about 25. And last year I turned 30 with a kind realization that my skin is aging faster than me. So, with lots of research and suggestions I got my very first Anti-aging serum, Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair(ANR) Synchronized Recovery Complex II.
I have been using this serum for a few months now and really want to give my honest opinion about it. So, before doing what I experienced about Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II first, we will look into an invention and its inventor.
About The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products. The Company’s products are sold in over 150 countries and territories under brand names including: Estée Lauder, Aramis, Clinique, Prescriptives, Lab Series, Origins, Tommy Hilfiger, M·A·C, Kiton, La Mer, Bobbi Brown, Donna Karan New York, DKNY, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble, Michael Kors, Darphin, Tom Ford, Smashbox, Ermenegildo Zegna, AERIN, Tory Burch, RODIN olio lusso, Le Labo, Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle, GLAMGLOW, By Kilian, BECCA and Too Faced.
What is it?
▪ Estée Lauder’s one of the bestselling product and launched in 1982.
▪ Reveal a smoother, more radiant, younger look. Wake up to more beautiful skin every day.
▪ Tested and proven to dramatically reduce the look of all key signs of aging. Exclusive ChronoluxCB™ Technology.
▪ For all skin types as it non- comedogenic, oil-free and fragrance-free.
▪ Tackles dryness, dullness and other signs of aging so anyone can use it as a precaution or a cure.
▪ Brown glass bottle with a golden dropper has its own unique identity and also looks luxurious.
▪ Peach colored gel-like serum with a watery texture.
My experience with ANR
▪ Instantly sinks into the skin and there is no tackiness after application, in fact, it gives instantly smoother skin texture.
▪ A couple of drops are enough for entire face and neck.
▪ Super hydrating for oily skin so sometimes, specifically in humid weather, I would say you can skip moisturizer above it. ( For dry skin Moisturiser is required)
▪ It instantly hydrates and smoothens skin significantly. Will explain ingredients why this serum is so hydrating.
▪ I believe Anti-aging products take at least 2-3 months to show result so, in comparison to that, my skin is definitely radiant and much more even toned but fine lines and wrinkles, not lessen noticeably. So, I guess I have to give more time to it to work.
Why it is named Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II
Aging process accelerates due to lack of sleep.
The new Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II introduces a new technology called ChronoluxCB (CB representing catabolysis), discovered by the brand.
As per the research by Estee Lauder team, Cellular functions during the day are focused on protecting skin from the environment, whilst during the night, cellular functions are focused on helping skin repair and recover.
They found that catabolysis activity in young skin increases during the night and decreases during the day. Then, they looked at mature skin cells and found no catabolysis activity during the day, and no change in activity at night. So the new ChronoluxCB technology helps in increasing catabolysis activity in mature skin cells. That’s why this serum is designed to be used at night or while sleeping for best results and its named “Night Repair”. Please read for source and more info
Full Ingredient List
Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PEG-75, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Cola Acuminata (Kola) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Algin, Pantethine, Caffeine, Lectithin, Tripeptide-32, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium RNA, Bisabolol, Glycereth-26, Squalane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Caprylyl Glycol, Lactobacillus Ferment, Oleth-3, Oleth-5, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Yeast Extract, Choleth-24, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ceteth-24, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hexylene Glycol, Carbonmer, Triethanolamine, Trisodium EDTA, BHT, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4, Yellow 5.
After observing how this serum functions, I did some research on its ingredients to know what makes it function in this way.
So here are some of the main ingredients which make this serum, an all-rounder.
▪ Bifida Ferment Lysate ( a probiotic lysate, One of the main ingredients)
⁃ It helps to strengthen the skin’s natural barrier
⁃ Maintains moisturizing factor concentration in the skin ( Urea).
⁃ Decreases skin sensitivity.
⁃ No studies on Anti-aging properties.
▪ Butylene Glycol
⁃ Its boosts overall effectiveness of the product by improving penetration by other ingredients in the formulation.
⁃ It also had humectant properties. By drawing moisture to the skin from the surrounding atmosphere, Butylene Glycol can add needed hydration to skin cells & can even play a role in easing the appearance of wrinkle.
⁃ It may cause skin irritation like rashes around eyes ( for some individuals ) for that matter even natural skin care ingredients can cause skin irritation.
⁃ CIR Board has determined it is “safe” as used in cosmetics products.
⁃ Keeps skin hydrated by preventing water loss.
⁃ It has the skin repairing ability, still no independent research confirming so.
▪ Cola Acuminata (Kola) Seed Extract
⁃ Highly rich in antioxidants
⁃ It activates blood flow
⁃ It is a skin sensitizer
▪ Bisabolol (essential oil extract from Chamomile) This ingredient caught my attention.
⁃ It enhances skin appearance of dehydrated or damaged skinny reducing dry flaky & restoring suppleness to the skin.
⁃ It also increases penetration by the other ingredients.
⁃ It promotes Skin soothing and skin healing.
▪ Squalane ( Another ingredient with very interesting properties)
⁃ Natural moisturizer
⁃ Helps to restore the proper balance of the skin’s oil.
⁃ Has antibacterial properties
⁃ Hydrates & Softens
⁃ It may help lessens the appearance of the fine lines & free radicals, which destroys skin cells & damages the skin’s natural collagen.
⁃ Promotes new skin cell growth
⁃ Positive effect on uneven skin pigmentation & age spots
(* I am not sure “Squalane” used in ANR is derived from plants like olives or Shark’s liver)
ANR is loaded with lots of skin conditioning agents and maybe coz of that it instantly hydrates and softens skin.
Other skin condition agents in this products are———
Methyl Gluceth-20, PEG-75, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Propanediol, Hydrolyzed Algin, Lecithin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium RNA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Lactobacillus Ferment, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Yeast Extract.
Overall this is an all-rounder serum that effectively hydrates and softens the skin. A perfect product addition to starting anti-aging skin care routine though it won’t give an instant result on reducing fine lines & wrinkles but definitely reduces age spots and pigmentation.
Have you tried Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II??
What is your experience with it??
Leave a comment!
I’m happy to answer your questions if any.
You can contact me on email@example.com
If you like my blog, Don’t forget to Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Thanks for Reading!